BlockchainYVR Demo, Social Coding Wednesday Sept. 26th, Vancouver

event
vancouver

• When: 6pm - 8pm, Wednesday, Sept. 26th, 2018
  • Where: DCTRL, 436 W Pender

Goodbye Blockchain for Product Developers, hello BlockchainYVR.

This same content is in the HackMD doc – feel free to add notes and edits there.

We’re rebooting the meetup formerly known as the Blockchain Product Developers Meetup. We went on hiatus over the summer and came back wanting to get back to code, open source, and learning, and away from lectures.

We’re using the Frontier community Discourse forum for open discussion and sharing, and the Github repo for issues and a website. The website is still a bit of a work in progress :slight_smile:

Arman, Boris, and Chelsea are the main organizers. We’re welcoming anyone to use the tools we’re maintaining to get involved, share with the community, and use it as a platform to help Vancouver’s Blockchain developer community build, grow, and learn together.

When: September 26th, 6pm - 8pm
Where: DCTRL, 436 W Pender

5:30pm Doors, open chat & hack

Come in, get setup, chat & hack

6:00pm - 6:30pm Demos

6:30pm Social Coding

Get together in small groups to work on code, get help, small group demos.

7:45pm Wrap Up & Community Announcements

• Solidity Learning
  • Whitepaper Club
  • Add yours!

Things to do ahead of time:

1. Add yourself to the blockchainYVR group if you want to be involved in group discussions and get push messages about upcoming events
  2. Leave a comment below to say that you’re coming and what you’re interested in
  3. Install your developer tools and bring your laptop

The Giveth background on social coding is definitely something I’m inspired by:

It may very well be that we can plug into other global / distributed initiatives to do more open source and collaborate more.

I know that @ChainSafe brought this up as something he wants to work on.

Have fun, y’all, but I am afraid that I won’t be able to make it to any Wednesday evening sessions, because I will always be on Daddy Duty. I think the hands-on format is a great idea.

Thank you @Chisel for hosting at DCTRL.

Thanks @boris for setting up and following through! This is me finally logging into Discourse on mobile and bookmarking for future use. “See” you on the ETH Magicians call!

@Chisel @ChainSafe @asselstine the HackMD has my rough notes posted into it that I need to linkify https://hackmd.io/L0_jVx-OQkGuxTRIyDqxvQ?view

So so so valuable and awesome to have deep conversations and sharing, and once I get those notes cleaned it will be a useful log of things we shared, too!

I also have some pictures of @ChainSafe’s laptop that may or not be interesting :slight_smile:

His terminal printout for the Bridge was definitely worthwhile! I liked the nice ascii art touch