Handshake - Decentralized certificate authority and naming; peer-to-peer root DNS

handshake
dns

Handshake is a decentralized, permissionless naming protocol compatible with DNS where every peer is validating and in charge of managing the root zone with the goal of creating an alternative to existing Certificate Authorities. Its purpose is not to replace the DNS protocol, but to replace the root zone file and the root servers with a public commons.

The Handshake protocol maintains the root zone file in a decentralized manner, making the root zone uncensorable, permissionless, and free of gatekeepers.

Uses coins for registering names. If you are an open source developer (and my Github was/is active enough to be a developer) you can claim a bunch of free coins.

Hey Boris!
Thanks for the referral. So I have just gone through this process myself (using my Github credentials, with manual verification delay, as they checked me out), and can now nominate more people.

Who wants some? Drop me an email at bob@summerwill.net with your email addresses and I will nominate you to get some tokens too.

Oh right! I forget who all I put in that field. Glad you made it through. I’m still trying to remember what my freenode nic credentials are.

@ekryski @daffl you should also be tracking Handshake as a peer to peer DNS that looks like it may be important.

Right now “devs” are being prioritized, but that pretty much means “having a Github account” since I made it through :slight_smile: